Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beef Skewers



Since I was short on time today, I needed a meal that I could prepare in advance.  Beef skewers are a great make ahead meal because the longer the meat marinates, the more flavorful and tender it becomes.  I put together the marinade and cut up the meat and vegetables early in the afternoon.  I let the meat marinate in the refrigerator until dinner time.  When it was time for dinner, I lit the Big Green Egg, threaded the meat and vegetables onto the skewers and made some brown rice.  A dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes - priceless. 

Beef Skewers
Marinade
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
4 scallions, minced
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

sirloin steaks, cut into cubes

Vegetables suggestions
bell pepper
red onion
cherry tomatoes
zucchini
yellow squash
mushrooms

Get creative with your kabobs and send me your ideas and suggestions.   You never know when I might try one of your recipes.

Bob Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment